Get full value from your membership – join a committee!
St. Louis REALTORS® has several committees available for members to join. To apply for a committee (appointment is not guaranteed and must be approved by the St. Louis REALTORS® Board of Directors) please complete an application by clicking here. Committee descriptions are listed below.
Apply Now to Join A Committee!
Questions? Contact john Gormley at 314.576.0033 or email@example.com.
Advocacy (Combines GA + Legislative Affairs + Issues Mob)
- Industry Forum (every other month)
- Urban Affairs (meets six times a year): This is an open forum that visits areas of interest in the urban metro and typically meets with civic and governmental leaders. The vice chair is appointed annually – the forum has no other official positions outside of chair and vice chair. Ideally, a candidate should have an exceptional knowledge of the city.
- Economic Development Forum – NEW!
Member Network (Has representation from the following committees and groups)
- Affiliate Council
- Broker Forum
- Community Engagement
- Inclusion Advisory Group: This group’s primary purpose is to forward the inclusivity agenda of the strategic plan, advising all committees on inclusivity effects. Offers diversity training, equal opportunity, multi-cultural training, tools and education as well as focuses on global and international trends. Also hosts “It’s a Big, Big World” event, which celebrates our diverse membership.
- Military & Veterans Outreach Alliance
- Past Presidents Council (one to two events a year)
- REALTORS® Housing Assistance Fund (RHAF)
- Young Professionals Network (YPN): This is an open group of young professionals who meet regularly in person and via social media to network. This is not a committee and operates similar to a forum. You will be placed on the YPN mailing list for YPN events and news
- YPN Advisory Board: This board determines the networking events for the year.
Risk Management (Replaces Contracts & Forms Committee)
- Contracts & Forms Forum (meets four times a year – open to all): This group gives feedback as needed to ensure St. Louis REALTORS® contracts and forms reduce risk and liability, reflect current market practices and are in alignment with Missouri law.
Professional Standards (must meet at least twice a year – members must take annual training in Columbia or Chicago)
- Citation Review Panel
- Grievance: This committee reviews initial arbitration and ethics complaints to determine if the complaint is eligible for a professional standards hearing.
- Mediation/Arbitration Advisory Group
- Ombudsman Advisory Group
- Bylaws (meets as needed): Reviews the bylaws annually for NAR compliance.
- Legal Action (meets as needed): This is an adhoc committee, meeting only when the association determines it should consider pursuing legal action against an entity based on the request of a member.
- Finance (meets as needed): This committee has four annual member at large seats appointed by the St. Louis REALTORS® president-elect for the upcoming year. Experience as a prior treasurer for any organization (including St. Louis REALTORS®), finance or accounting experience is preferred.
Apply Now to Join A Committee!