From little on, we’ve all heard, “Don’t play with fire or run with scissors”. Plus, landmines are definitely on the avoid-at-all-costs list. Yet, as real estate agents in the real world, we continually face a maze of legal issues that need to be handled with great respect and caution. Practicing safe real estate starts with knowledge of the rules. This course covers a variety of topics. Do Not Call, Can Spam, Transfer of Title and much, much more. Stop in, get updated and review what is in the news and how to stay out of court.
Class Rules, Regulations & Cancellation Policy
Missouri Real Estate Commission (MREC) Rules & Regulations
St. Louis REALTORS® Registration & Cancellation Policy
- Continuing education requirements mandate 100% attendance during Continuing Education classes. Even the loss of one minute of class time will result in loss of C.E. credit! No exceptions.
- Students MUST sign the course registration sheet located at the registration table to be considered present for the class, and to receive credit for attending the course. Students arriving late will not be allowed to enter the classroom, and will not receive a refund, nor will the course fee be transferred toward another course. Traffic conditions are NOT an exemption to this rule.
- Students must submit written notice to the Education Department or log on through member services (if registered online) at least 24 hours in advance of a scheduled class to transfer the course or cancel to receive a refund.
- Registrations received without payment will not be processed.
- There will be a ten minute break each hour. This is the only time students may leave the classroom. All business and personal issues must be handled during break times. Cell phones must be silenced and put away during class. Receiving or making phone calls or text messaging is NOT allowed during class time.
- Students may not engage in work, outside reading material, or any non-course related activities during class. Students found to be doing this will be warned to discontinue or be removed from the classroom.
- Continuing Education certificates will be available after the class at the registration table. Students should keep certificates! The cost of a certificate reprint is $10.00.
- Fraudulent attendance, such as substituting a seat for someone, will be reported to the Missouri Real Estate Commission as a violation of Missouri Real Estate License Law.
- If a student is disruptive or does not follow the rules and regulations, they will be removed from the classroom and credit will NOT be awarded for attending the course.
- For your comfort, please bring a jacket or sweater.
- This policy applies to all registrants, including class pass holders.