Click here to nominate yourself for a position on the
St. Louis Commercial REALTORS® 2019 Board of Directors.
What are 10 good reasons you should serve on the
St. Louis Commercial REALTORS® 2019 Board of Directors?
- Increase your worth – Board members do not get paid. But you do get to make a positive difference. That’s worth a lot. For some officer positions, you get partial underwriting for your participation in national conferences and events.
- Boost your profile – Serving on the Board gets your name out there. You’ll be listed in the REALTOR® Way and mentioned in other ways. Be part of the positive vibes that the association generates!
- Gain new perspectives – Board service expands your thinking. This can include learning about association finances, meeting planning, communications, marketing and political involvement.
- Protect your investment – You’ve invested a big chunk of change in your REALTOR® membership. Why not protect that investment by ensuring the association resources are devoted to the right priorities?
- Increase your networking – You’ll meet other key players in the local, state and national real estate scene. And that’s good for your referral network.
- Invite good karma – When you give back to your industry and your profession, it ultimately comes back to you.
- Enjoy a sense of achievement – Working on behalf of all members, you’ll drive the success of your association. You’ll be part of something larger than yourself or your company. And that’s a very good feeling.
- Work on behalf of consumers – Through service in our communities and involvement with political policy-making, you’ll protect private-property rights and the free enterprise system.
- Develop friendships – The bonds you form with fellow directors are rich, meaningful – and they can last forever.
- Open doorways – Who knows? You may go on to serve in state or even national leadership positions that you’d never thought possible.