Takeaways from Urban Affairs Forum – Economic Development, August 2019
The August 2019 Urban Affairs Forum provided insights into how REALTORS® can plug into the region’s economic development efforts, as well as an update on what’s been happening lately in terms of business recruitment and expansions.
Karla Roeber, Vice President of Public and Government Affairs at the Danforth Plant Science Center, shared:
Jason Archer of the St. Louis Partnership; Lori Becklenberg and Cara Weber of the St. Louis Regional Economic Development
Alliance, shared recent economic development successes and dug into the details of what they do with the REALTORS® in attendance. Among the highlights were:
- REALTORS® are the welcoming committee for the region and play an important role as ambassadors.
- Bunge will move its global HQ to St. Louis. (Read more)
- The new STLMade campaign is a way REALTORS® can plug into telling the story of St. Louis. (Learn more)
- Population growth is important and the St. Louis Mosaic Project and the Regional Chamber’s Project 250 are among efforts to attract and retain more people in the region.
- Geospacial is growing and St. Louis is positioned to be a leader, with NGA West, Geosaurus, and a growing eco system.